Jesus told us to
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.'” Luke 10:27 NIV
Clearly, our Christianity is all about relationship:
– Firstly with God
– Secondly with each other.
To encourage each other in the latter and give greater opportunity for the former we have launched the Connect 3 Prayer Network.
– Connect 3 is a network made by any three people of the same sex who will commit to pray together.
– An exchange of names and phone numbers is made as the covenant of prayer is established.
– The connected ones agree to ring each other when they are in need of prayer and meet together regularly to pray with each other.
– The target is to pray in person twice a month and to pray on the phone at other times.
– We suggest that each person brings the name of one person they want to see come to the Lord to their prayer network, and pray consistently until they receive the answer.
Our foundational scriptures for this type of prayer are:
Eccl 4:12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Matt 18:19 “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”
The Connect – 3 covenant is summarised this way.
“I commit to pray with those I have chosen to be connected with regularly in person and by phone. I will be there when I am needed because we are a cord of three strands. In agreement we will overcome because Jesus is with us. “
As these connections develop the power of prayer will change our city and nation.
As our connections with God and each other develop we will also change to be more like our Lord Jesus.
Once Voice “Connect 3” cards are available – artwork is downloadable free for your church to use.
We suggest that each church appoint it’s own Connect 3 coordinator who keeps track of the networks and takes any feedback. We suggest that Connect 3 groups should be reviewed annually.
If you have any queries about Connect 3 ask your church leader or email email@example.com